The Board of Trustees are dedicated to supporting all areas of the schools governance and are supportive of the drive for high achievement. We hope your association with St Michael’s Catholic School will be a fruitful one as when we enroll your child we also enroll your family. We are keen to foster a close relationship between home and school as we all work together in the holistic education of your child.
We encourage and welcome your participation in our many school events through the year and if you would like to meet your child’s teacher please make an appointment time outside of the hours of 8.30am and 3.00pm.
Our programmes cater to the individual needs of each child and I hope that their experience at St Michael’s Catholic School will be a positive and valuable one.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.
St Michael’s is an integrated Catholic Primary School for boys and girls from Year 0 to Year 6. St Michael’s was established in 1916 on its present site in Beatrice Road, Remuera by the Religious Order of the Sisters of St Joseph who ran the school until 1977. The Sisters of Cluny were associated with St Michael’s until 1993. Today, lay staff are appointed to run St Michael’s Catholic School.
St Michael’s serves the Roman Catholic Diocese of Auckland, and more specifically the Remuera and Parnell Parishes. Pupils represent several cultural and ethnic groups and come from a variety of socio-economic groups.
St Michael’s Catholic School is housed in two buildings with the Senior classes in the original building and the Junior classes in our new block which was officially opened by Bishop Patrick Dunn on 29 February 2004.
On the 19th August 2011 we opened a much needed facility the ‘St Mary MacKillop’ School Hall officiated by Bishop Patrick Dunn and Monsignor Brian Arahill.
St Michael’s has a maximum roll of 270 children.
Teaatawhakaaro o tekura o HatoMikaire,
Ki ngaiwingaitatouputanoa I tomomai –KoHehuKaraiti
TeKaiarahi o ngaKaiwhakapituranga [KoHehuKaraiti]*
“St Michael’s is a Catholic School, where all are committed to creating a loving, caring and joy-filled environment, inspired by Jesus Christ and gospel values. A place where children are challenged to attain the highest possible standards in all areas of life, within a community of family, school and church”.
Pastoral care is fostered amongst children and the wider school and Parish community.
To know about the JosephiteCharism through St Mary of the Cross MacKillop and how this can positively impact on our daily actions.
To be other centred, not self-centred.
To live our Catholic faith.
• To have in place effective data collection, analysis and measurement systems to accurately monitor performance against targets
• In conjunction with our core curriculum, provide resources and teaching programmes that encompass gifted and talented, sports, special needs, cultural and religious education
• To recruit, develop and retain the highest quality personnel both teaching and support
• To prepare children for their next stage of learning in an environment that encourages high standards of achievement and a love of learning
• An environment where everyone in our School community feels safe and is aware of their rights and responsibilities
• To continually move forward, through innovation, creativity and endeavour
View ERO report