School History

The School crest represents clockwise from top left: St Michael the Protector Angel; Jesus Christ the Rising Sun Light for the Way; the School and Parish all gather for Sunday Mass; The Book – Learning inspired by the good News – the Bible.

St Michael’s is an integrated Catholic Primary School for boys and girls from Year 0 to Year 6. St Michael’s was established in 1916 on its present site in Beatrice Road, Remuera by the Religious Order of the Sisters of St Joseph who ran the school until 1977. The Sisters of Cluny were associated with St Michael’s until 1993. Today, lay staff are appointed to run St Michael’s Catholic School.

St Michael’s serves the Roman Catholic Diocese of Auckland, and more specifically the Remuera and Parnell Parishes. Pupils represent several cultural and ethnic groups and come from a variety of socio-economic groups.

St Michael’s Catholic School is housed in two buildings with the Senior classes in the original building and the Junior classes in our new block which was officially opened by Bishop Patrick Dunn on 29 February 2004.

On the 19th August 2011 we opened a much needed facility the ‘St Mary MacKillop’ School Hall officiated by Bishop Patrick Dunn and Monsignor Brian Arahill.

St Michael’s has a maximum roll of 270 children.