Dear St Michael’s School Community,

Happy Easter, I hope you all had some quality family time. Over the Easter weekend the Auckland Catholic Diocese website was overwhelmed with the number of people who wanted to attend the online Masses. It is wonderful that the power of technology overcame isolation and Catholics all over the world were able to celebrate the Easter Masses together in the comfort of their own bubble.  I got to chat with all our family via video conferencing. My prayers go out to all those families who have lost loved ones here in New Zealand and overseas. I would like to thank our Essential Workers for being there for us and looking after us at this time.

I was delighted to be invited to the senior google classrooms and ClassDojo to see all the work the teachers have prepared for their classes. It made me feel very proud of them and their commitment to learning. It was wonderful to see so many children completing tasks and making such positive comments.

Planning towards Level 3 from Our Prime Minister – No Date Has Been Given Yet

When we move to Level 3, schools will be open for students whose parents need to return to work. Distance learning will continue for students who remain at home. Before our school opens the Board of Trustees will discuss the necessary processes that we will work through to ensure the safety of our students, whanāu and staff.  We will keep you updated about this when we have been given more details.   

Love and Kindness                                       

We have never experienced life like this before and it can affect our well-being. I would like to stress the importance of showing love and kindness towards each other. This can be demonstrated through all our communications (spoken or via email). I thought the quote from Barbara De Angelis appropriate at this time. In the latest UpStart Magazine they have an article on Kindness and they are also running a competition for students to contribute to ‘It’s cool to be kind” by writing an article on this title (minimum 300 words) and photos.  They want to hear about your acts of kindness.

From The Ministry Of Education

Home Learning | Papa Kāinga TV has started education broadcasting for early learners and students in Years 1–10 from 9 a.m. on Wednesday 15 April, with Māori Television launching te reo educational programmes on the same day.

Content will be grouped for early learners and students by age range, and will include play, literacy, mathematics, science, te reo Māori, physical education and well-being. All of the programmes will feature highly experienced teachers and presenters, along with well-being and movement experts.

The presenters and programme schedule will be publish on our Learning from Home website. Check the updates page of the site for daily programming information.

Encountering CHRIST

From Bishop Patrick Dunn

Keeping the Lord’s Day Holy – You will be able to pray Sunday Mass individually or in whānau groups through the diocesan website www.aucklandcatholic.org.nz/ where Sunday Mass will be available on the front page of the website from 6.00 pm each Saturday.

Parish Newsletter Please keep up-to-date with what is happening in our parish.

“Dear Lord, may I realise afresh today what Your death and resurrection mean for me. Forgiveness, freedom, and the ability to walk with You through this fallen world into eternity. May I always find my satisfaction in You and Your willingness to offer Yourself to me. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.”

Manaaki ki te Atua,

Ann McKeown

Principal

Notices

Lewis Eady Online Music Lessons

Lewis Eady ONLINE MUSIC LESSONS (click to view)