Dear St Michael’s School Community,

We have been in our bubbles now for over four weeks and it certainly has been a challenge. I have made sure I had a walk each day and watch the daily Mass, doing these things has helped my well-being.  I hope you have been doing things in your family that have been keeping you happy and healthy. I got in touch with the Bessette family who are currently in France, to see how they were. Sadly, Carine lost one of her Grandmother’s due to the virus and both of her parents caught it as well. Please keep her dad in your prayers as he has numerous health problems.

Alert Level 3

Thank you for letting us know if your child will be attending school. Hopefully by the end of today we will have confirmed numbers of students attending school. There will be a maximum of ten students per class and siblings will be kept together. We have been working hard on our procedures for Level 3 as per the Ministry of Health guidelines.

Online School Restarts on Wednesday 29 April

Please note that our line school will be closed on Monday 27 April (ANZAC Day) and Tuesday 28 April (Teacher Only Day). This time will be used to organize our Level 3 Distance Learning.

Emailing Teachers

As I am sure you are aware the teachers received a large number of emails which are generated by the students with regards to the completion of work. We ask that you minimize the number of emails you send to the teacher and we appreciate your patience and kindness with this.

Pictures Distance Learning

Thank you for all the photos that you sent us for our newsletter. I hope you have fun looking through them. The students look very engaged and eager to learn.

Encountering CHRIST

From Bishop Patrick Dunn

I encourage you all to pray the Sunday Mass with your whanau, you can do this by going to the following diocesan website www.aucklandcatholic.org.nz/ where Sunday Mass will be available on the front page of the website from 6.00 p.m. each Saturday.

St Michael’s Parish Website Please keep up-to-date with what is happening in our parish.

“Wonderous God, who watches me with loving eyes, please help me to make this day
one of honour and glory for you. Help me to recognize my brothers and sisters
in those you put in my life today. Open my eyes and heart that all that I do today
may be for the good of the world and for your greater glory. May I remember that all that I do today is prayer.”
(onlineministries.creighton.edu)

Manaaki ki te Atua,
Ann McKeown
Principal

Distance learning for SMCS Students, Parents and Staff…

Please click on the back key after viewing an image.

Notices

Lewis Eady Online Music Lessons

Lewis Eady ONLINE MUSIC LESSONS (click to view)