Dear St Michael’s School Community,
The transition back to school has gone better than expected, with most students saying goodbye to their parents at the entrances to school. The teachers are pleased to have their classes back in front of them and their focus has been on students’ well-being.
I would like to welcome the following new families to our school: Vaigalepa-Asi family, Elika family (existing) and the Bellosillo family.
Contact Tracing and Recording Details
Parents and caregivers who enter the school site will need to record their names by: –
- using the school loop app OR
- Completing the details on the contact tracing sheet outside Room 1 or by the foyer at the main school office.
Alert Level 2 – Drop off and Pick Up Procedures Reminder
- No students are to be at school before 8:15 a.m., unless going to before school care.
- Mrs McKeown will be welcoming the children at Bassett Road and Miss van Coller will be welcoming children at Beatrice Road
- To stagger the pick-ups parents can request to have their children picked up at 2.30 p.m. by emailing Genevieve at firstname.lastname@example.org noting their child’s name and area of pickup (Bassett or Beatrice Road) and the days this will be happening.
- Ensure your children clearly understand their pick up arrangements (Bassett Road or Beatrice Road).
This will stop at the end of next week. Please email the class teacher if you require distance learning. For the Junior students, individual packs will be made up and arrangements will be made for you to pick these up. For the Senior students the tasks will be sent through the Google Classroom.
SMCS Distance / Online Learning Survey – Please click on the link below to fill in a short Survey to share your distance learning experience.
Messy Kitchen Lunches
Messy Kitchen lunches will resume when NZ moves to Alert Level 1.
From Bishop Patrick Dunn
I encourage you all to pray the Sunday Mass with your whanau, you can do this by going to the following diocesan website www.aucklandcatholic.org.nz/ where Sunday Mass will be available on the front page of the website from 6.00 p.m. each Saturday.
St Michael’s Parish Website – Please keep up-to-date with what is happening in our parish.
An Ascension Day Prayer
“Dear Lord Jesus Christ, right before your Ascension into heaven you told your apostles to be His witnesses to the ends of the earth upon receiving the Holy Spirit. May I be similarly inspired to spread your Gospel message in word and deed, according to your will for me. And may I do so prudently and joyfully, with your help, your guidance, and your grace! And remembering this glorious event, help me to seek what is above, Heaven, where you are seated at the right hand of God the Father!” (https://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/)
Manaaki ki te Atua,
SMCS Students’ first week back at school
Second Hand Uniform Shop
LCF FUN LANGUAGES
LCF Fun Languages Flyer Term 2 (Click to view)
The Bricks 4 Kidz LEGO programme will be back this term, starting soon. These classes will be offered to all the children that attended in Term 1 so they can finish the programme they started and use credits from Term 1. We would also love to offer the programme at a reduced rate till the end of this term for anyone else wanting to join in. Please check out our website for further details and register your child in one of our classes now. www.bricks4kidz.co.nz