Tēnā koutou katoa St Michael’s Catholic School Community,
“E hara tā kutoa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini”
My strength is not as individual, but as a collective
We thank God that our Year 6 students were able to attend Camp last week. We have received such positive feedback from students, their parents and the teachers who attended.
Principal’s Awards Certificates
I will be presenting weekly Principal’s Award Certificates to students in their classes each Friday. A photo will be taken of the students and posted onto their Class Dojo.
Ash Wednesday – 2 March
All classes will be attending Mass virtually (live stream) from Christ The King. For your information they have live stream Masses every day at 9am (on facebook).
Year 6 Leaders Mass
We have a wonderful opportunity coming up for our Year 6 students! We are fortunate that Fr Chris Skinner will preside over a special Mass for our school leaders on Thursday 3 March at 2pm in St Michael’s Church. Due to the restrictions in place at CPF – Red and the 100 people limit, we are only able to invite the Year 6 students and teachers, Mrs McKeown, Miss van Schaijik and 1 member from each Year 6 family. The Year 6 families will be contacted with more information.
COVID – 19
Covid Response Minister Chris Hipkins confirmed today that New Zealand will move to phase 3 of the Omicron response at 11.59pm tonight. This means that only confirmed cases and household contacts will be required to isolate.
We will continue to keep you updated with any further information from the Ministry of Education.
Health and Safety Reminders
- No Parents on Site during school hours – please email the office if you need to pick up your child early.
- If you have a member of your household being tested for COVID please keep your children at home until you have the results.
- If a child is sick they need to stay at home.
- Year 4 up to wear masks
- Washing/sanitising hands regularly (contactless sanitiser dispensers are in every room)
School Lunches 2022
The details for ordering school lunches can be found on our website https://www.smcs.school.nz/lunch-orders/
St Michael’s Parish Website – Mass times – under New Zealand’s Covid Protection Framework (‘traffic light system’) for Covid-19, we have Mass times for Parishioners with or without a My Vaccine Pass. Effective 23 January 2022 ; RED under the traffic light system.
Some headlines from this issue: Bishop Stephen Lowe installed as Bishop of Auckland. Catholic korero on Treaty of Waitangi. Vocations talk at city pub. Seminary rector climbs mountains.
Prayer for the Day
“God of all creation, you gave your bishop Polycarp the privilege of being counted among the saints who gave their lives in faithful witness to the gospel. May his prayers give us the courage to share with him the cup of suffering and to rise to eternal glory. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen” (https://www.catholic.org/prayers/prayer.php?p=107)
Manaaki ki te Atua,
SMCS Soccer 2022 Information
Football at St Michael’s 2022 (click to view/print)
Rippa Rugby 2022
Last chance to order – orders close this Friday 25th Feb.
Recently your child should have come home with a copy of the latest Scholastic Lucky Book Club brochure.
There are many benefits of Book Club, including:
- Carefully curated with age appropriate titles.
- Value for money–children can take home a book from as little as $3.
- Quality publishing–access to the best in children’s publishing from bestselling authors and illustrators.
- Rewards that go back to the school to buy more books and educational resources!
Ordering from the brochures is easy, it is all done online via LOOP (the Linked Online Ordering and Payment platform for parents). There are two ways you can order online:
- Visit mybookclub.scholastic.co.nz to set up your account and order through the website.
- Download the LOOP App (this is a different LOOP from the Skool LOOP App!) and follow the prompts.
It can be a bit daunting setting it all up for the first time, so here is an easy to follow guide how to do it: – Parents Guide to setting up LOOP (click to view)
Each year remember to log on to your account and update your Child/Children’s Year Level and Classroom to ensure that ordered books will be delivered to the correct place!
Orders close two weeks after the brochures come out – Issue 1 orders must be completed online by Friday, February 25th. Books are delivered to the school the week after orders close, and will be handed out to your children in their classrooms once they have been sorted.
Please do not hand in any orders or money to the Office, all orders must be placed online via the website, or through the LOOP App.
Our School benefits hugely from your Book Club orders. Rewards points are earned through our spend, and these points are gifted back to the Teachers and Library at St Michaels School throughout the Year.
Any questions please feel free to contact our Book Club Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pizza Fridays and My Kindo app.
PIZZA RESTARTS THIS FRIDAY 25th Feb!!
Pizza will restart 25th Feb but effective immediately we are changing how we manage pizza orders!
We are excited to let you know that you can now order sushi, pizza and ice block lunches online, support fundraisers and in the future purchase second hand uniforms easily with our Kindo PTA Shop.
It’s easy, convenient, and open 24/7.
Setting up an account
- Creating an account is easy!
New Users can click here and select the Create an Account option. Simply follow the prompts and in three easy steps you are ready to go!
If you already have an ezlunch or myKindo account, you can simply log in.
There are a number of ways you can choose to top-up your account, and this can be done at the checkout, or by selecting the ‘top up account’ icon.
- POLi No fees. Instant transfer. **RECOMMENDED**
- Credit/Debit Card 50 cent charge + 2.5% fee. Instant transfer. Visa / MasterCard / American Express and China UnionPay available.
- Bank Transfer No fees. Allow 2 days for processing.
- Order for just one day or use the calendar icon to order the same item for multiple days.
- Once you have made all your purchases click on the Checkout option to complete your transaction.
- If you have sufficient funds, then simply click Place Order at the checkout and you’re done!
- If you have insufficient funds, you will be required to top up your account first.
- Your order will automatically go through to Sushi Eden or the PTA, and you will receive an email receipt confirming your top-up and/or purchase!
myKindo app is also available to download for both android and iPhone.
- Our Kindo helpdesk is open 8am to 4pm weekdays.
- Freephone: 0508 4 KINDO (0508 454 636)
- Email: email@example.com
- Online support: support.mykindo.co.nz
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO CASH ORDERS FOR PIZZA ANYMORE, ALL ORDERS MUST GO THROUGH THE MY KINDO APP.
The $700 worth of sports equipment has been gratefully received by the classrooms that the children are able to use at morning tea and lunchtimes. (See Photos below)
Please start collecting stickers again now as we will be sending in completed sticker sheets during terms 2 and 3 for this year.
Yummy Sticker Collection Sheet (click to print)
Completed sheets should be given to Mrs Barrington or placed in the PTA post box outside Mrs McKeown’s office. Thank you
Next PTA meeting
Next PTA meeting date 15th March 7pm.
Take care all
Ree, Sarah and the PTA
Lewis Eady Musical Jam
Lewis Eady Musical Jam Information (click to view/print)
Lewis Eady Musical Jam Registration (Online form)