Parent Teacher Association
The 2021 PTA Committee would like to welcome all families to the St Michael’s Catholic School PTA.
One of the main goals of the PTA is to fundraise for additional resources, equipment, facilities, field trips etc that are required to benefit our children’s education whilst they are at St Michael’s. Funds raised over the past few years have been used to fund such things as the new Junior Playground, air conditioning units, computers and electronic devices, a new sound system for the Hall, reading and maths resources, the Garden Project, soccer goals and shade tents for sporting events.
In addition, the PTA plays a key role in coordinating social events which helps us to maintain the wonderful community spirit we have at St Michael’s. Through our network of Class Representatives, the PTA works to keep parents informed about things that are going on at school. The PTA also takes on responsibility for pastoral care for members of our school community where needed.
We welcome all parents that would like to be involved in the PTA – any level of contribution is always appreciated. The PTA meet twice a term in the School Staff Room on a Tuesday night at 7.00 p.m.
PTA Committee 2021
We are pleased to announce these appointments.
Co-Chairs | Sarah Benson and Ree George
Secretary | Michelle Leong
Treasurer | Josephine Holland
Room 1 | Sylvie Kirton & Janelle Ellis
Room 2 | Angelic Murray & Lauren Kendrick
Room 3 | Ana Waalkens & Bettina Gollop
Room 4 | Lindy Peacocke & Laura Massey
Room 5 | Fiona Lamont & Monique Booth
Room 6 | Charlotte Reilly
Room 7 | Emily Murray
Room 8 | Marama Curness
Room 9 | Stephanie Kerr & Rana Naoum
Room 10 | Sarah Benson
PTA Meeting Dates 2021
- 9 February at 7 p.m.
- 22 March at 7 p.m.
- 10 May at 7 p.m.
- 21 June at 7 p.m.
- 2 August at 7 p.m.
- Family Fun Day | Sunday 28 February
- Grandparents Day | Mass – Thursday 15 April 9.15am
Meet the Teacher evening | Thursday 18 February 6pm & 6.30pm
Holy Thursday | Washing of the Feet Liturgy – Thursday 1 April 2.15pm
Grandparents Day | Mass – Thursday 15 April 9.15am
Term 1 Progress Reports | Monday 12 April (Term 1, Week 11)
- Feast of Mary MacKillop | Thursday 5 August 9.15am
- Feast of Assumption Mass | Thursday 12 August 9.15am
- Term 3 | Progress Reports
- Cross Country | (Term 3, Week 5) – Friday 27 August
- Feast of St Michael | Thursday 30 September 9.15am
- Drama sessions | (Fridays)
- Parent Teacher Interviews | (Term 4, Week 1)
- Life Education | (Term 4, Week 4)
- Jesse Tree Mass |Saturday 27 November 5pm
- Graduation Dinner | Sunday 28 November 5pm
- Christmas Concert | Friday 10 December
- Prizegiving | Friday 10 December
- Thanksgiving End of Year Mass | Monday 6 December 6pm
Second Hand Uniform Shop
The Second Hand Uniform Shop is located underneath the Senior Block. It sells all items of uniform, including jackets, winter jumpers and cardigans and school shoes. Please consider donating any unused items to the shop for resale – all proceeds go towards PTA fundraising initiatives supporting the school. The shop is open on the following dates from 2.30pm to 3.15pm.
- Friday 5 February
- Friday 26 March
- Friday 9 April
- Friday 7 May
- Friday 4 June
- Friday 6 August
- Friday 3 September