School Privacy and Permission Form
2021 Privacy Act – Collection and Use of Information
Contact, health, academic and permission information is collected annually and used by the school to support the education and wellbeing of your child. Schools are required by the Ministry of Education to collect enrolment information. In accordance with the Privacy Act 2020 the information you provide in relation to your child’s enrolment, and any subsequent information, and other personal information, is used from time to time by SMCS School, for the purposes of:
- The Board and/or the school meeting the obligations under the Education and Training Act 2020.
- Providing for the student’s education;
- Recording and maintaining student records of academic progress and achievement;
- Reporting to caregivers/ parents;
- Providing contact, health, academic and wellbeing information when transitioning a student from one school/ECE to another;
- Recording and maintaining accounts;
- Communication with caregivers/parents;
- And, when the school is obliged by law to give information to government departments (e.g. Ministry of Education and Health), but it will not otherwise be disclosed without your authorisation.
Retention of personal information
The school will determine how long it holds personal information, but will not keep personal information for longer than is lawful or necessary to achieve the purpose for which we may lawfully use or retain it. This follows the Ministry of Education’s requirements of maintaining and the retention of school records. Any information shared with approval in a public facing forum, such as a school website, are not deemed personal information, whereas non-public facing channels, are deemed personal information.
We ask that you please advise the school if you have any concerns about disclosure of any specific information within the school. Please refer to SMCS Policies/Procedures at www.schooldocs.co.nz (Username: smcs; Password: mackillop)
Please fill in the form below and submit when completed.